- A delectable bunch of grapes makes an unbeatable dessert. For the finest flavor, remove from the refrigerator one hour before serving, rinse with cold water, and snip into portion-size clusters for easy eating.
- Marian Farms Thompson Seedless grapes will make a mixed fruit salad into a special treat.
- For a nourishing snack or breakfast, add them to your yogurt, or cold or hot cereal.
- Looking to cool off during the hot summer months? Try frozen grapes, a fun, refreshing snack! Just pull grapes from stems, place them on a tray, and freeze until hard.
- Marian Farms’ grapes will compliment any poultry, or mild-flavored fish, especially when cooked with wine. Just before serving, add grapes to the pan and sauté or simmer until the grapes are heated through.
- Thompson Seedless grapes are also delicious when sliced and then added to chicken salads, pasta, grain salads, or coleslaw.
Thompson Seedless grapes are thin-skinned, sweet and juicy, and can be eaten fresh or dried. English viticulturist William Thompson is thought to have brought the first cuttings of Thompson Seedless to California in the mid-19th century. Generally known as Sultanas, they most probably come from the area around Turkey and Afghanistan. Today thousands of acres of Thompson Seedless Grapes have been planted in California for the production of raisins, wine, and table grapes.
What makes Marian Farms’ grapes unique?
Marian Farms grows grapes using Biodynamic agricultural practices and then hand picks the grapes at peak ripeness. Marian Farms takes care to harvest grapes when they are at their sweetest, and ensures that the customer receives ripe, full, and attractive clusters. The grapes are picked when they are a translucent green-yellow or have a golden-amber color. Marian Farms grapes are also unique in that, unlike both organic and conventionally grown grapes, they are never treated with gibberellic acid (known as “gibbing” in the trade). Gibberellic acid is a commercially produced plant growth hormone which is sprayed on seedless grapes to increase grape size and yield. Marian Farms believes that grapes should be eaten in a naturally delicious state, as they have been for centuries. We also believe that our Biodynamic Thompsons contribute to the rejuvenation of one’s spirit, body and soul.
Pack sizes: Grapes are packed in earth-friendly paper tote bags, each holding approximately 2+ lbs. There are 7 totes to a case – approximately 17 lbs per case. To ensure high quality, all of our grapes are picked to order and immediately shipped out in refrigerated trucks.
Seasonal Availability: August – October